Local SEO is a dominating part of the most of the local businesses. The number of most of the SEO’s confused to find out the difference between Local SEO and other national or international level SEO. They could do some activities which they do for national or international level SEO.
This post clears you which methods are effective for improving local SEO score and results.
- Do Local Citations
Local citations are an online reference to your business. Like the business name, address and phone number that is a NAP. Google using this data for evaluating your website.
In normal citations include business name, address, and phone number. Local citations help the website to rank in local search results.
Here is the list of best local citation.
- Bing local
2. Claim Google business page
I think everyone knows how Google gives the priority of Google business listings to near me or local search results.
Look following example
The search query is “coffee shop near me”
Also, it helps to get more inquiries or customers for your local business.
Follow the step by step process for listing your business on Google my business:-
- Go to Google my business page and fill up your business details like business name, address, contact number etc.
- Verify your business
Before proceeding next you need to verify your business. For verifying your need to properly insert your address details, name and contact number.
If you’re belonging to India you will get postcard after 12 days of listing.
- Use verification code for verifying your business
After receiving postcard enter verification code which mentioned in a postcard and verifies the business.
- Attach your business page to domain email address
- Use proper and correct business name, address, phone number, website URL.
- Use the correct category
- List correct business hours
- Use proper logo, cover images, and
- Make sure your business profile 100#% correct
3. Do local business listing
Local listings are the virtual presence of your business. Local listing includes business name, address, contact details, business description, logo, images and email Id etc.
Google uses this listing as ranking signal. Try to get reviews from customers on listing sites.
There is a number of websites which allow you to list your business for free.
I would like to list some listing websites you can use for listing your business:-
If you want more information about local listing then please read top 101 free local business listing websites in 2018.
4. Increase Social Followers
Social media like Facebook always helpful for local businesses to grow and expand locally.
Here are some tips for improving your social presence.
-Increase your fan page followers
-Answer customers questions
-Involve in local communities
-Update your business updates regularly
-Use proper hashtags
-Boost posts for reaching to more peoples
5. On page optimization and landing pages
In local SEO on-page optimization and landing page optimization are key parts.
Some points remember before optimizing your landing page:-
- Use Nap- Name, address, and contact number properly at top of a web page or footer and contact us page.
- Use primary keyword in the title tag, H1 tag, and
- Write unique and attractive landing age content.
- Include customer testimonials
- Create responsive website
- Concentrate on page speed and SSL certificate
6. Schema Markup
The schema is a code helps search engine to return informative results for user’s searches. This informative search result contains reviews, rating, contact number, offers and so on.
Here is the example of schema result
You can set up the schema for your website by using structured schema option in webmaster tool.
Also, you can create a schema by using schema.org website.
If you like this post don’t forget to leave your comment and share this post which helps you, friends and relatives, to get better results for his or his client business.